More than 20 cities have imposed curfews tonight in some cities in response to violent protests across the country this weekend.
Additionally, as of Sunday morning, approximately 5,000 National Guard members have been activated in 15 states and Washington, DC, with another 2,000 prepared to activate if needed.
Here’s a look at what cities currently have curfews in place for tonight:
- California: Los Angeles County, San Francisco, Beverly Hills
- Colorado: Denver
- Florida: Miami, Orange County
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Kentucky: Louisville
- Michigan: Detroit
- Minnesota: Minneapolis, St. Paul
- Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton
- Oregon: Portland
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
- South Carolina: Charleston
- Tennessee: Nashville
- Texas: Dallas, San Antonio
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Washington: Seattle
- Wisconsin: Milwaukee
State of disaster/emergency:
- Texas: This allows federal agents are able to serve as Texas peace officers.
- Virginia: This allows for the mobilization of resources, including the Virginia National Guard, and pre-position people and equipment to assist cities addressing violent protests.
Other things to note:
- The city of Chicago closed the central business district and the Loop area to only employees whose businesses are located in the business and residents who live in the central business district.
- Major highways in Minnesota are closed